Transdev Canada, Inc. (“Transdev”, “we”, or “us”) values and respects your privacy.
COLLECTION AND USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect and use your personal information for the purposes identified below.
- Transportation Services: Transdev provides various forms of transportation services under contract to third parties such as city transportation authorities. In providing these services, we may collect information such as your name and pick-up and drop-off location in order to provide you with your requested transportation services.
- Register as a Vendor/Supplier: If you choose to register on our Website as a vendor/supplier, we collect your first and last name, email address, mailing address, telephone number, and company-related information (including but not limited to a description of your business and relevant business certifications) in order to add you to our database of potential suppliers. If you become an approved vendor, we may contact you to participate in a competitive bid process. For more information regarding this process, please visit the “Vendor Opportunities” page on our Website.
- Subscribe to our Mailing List: If you subscribe to our email mailing list, we collect your name and email address in order to send you communications about our products and services. If you no longer wish to receive these communications, you can unsubscribe at any time by clicking the “unsubscribe” link included at the bottom of the newsletter. Alternatively, you can opt-out of receiving our newsletter by contacting us at the contact information under “Contact Us” below. Please note that you may continue to receive certain transactional or account-related communications from us.
- Contests and Promotions: If you enter a contest or participate in a promotion, we may collect your name, address, email address, phone number, and any additional information or content required for the contest or promotion. We use this information to administer your participation in the contest or promotion and for prize fulfillment.
- Careers: If you apply for a job with Transdev, you may provide us, or our third party service providers, with certain personal information about yourself, such as information contained in a resume, cover letter, or similar employment-related materials. We, or our service providers use this information for the purpose of processing and responding to your application for current and future career opportunities.
- Contact Us: When you contact us with a question or complaint, you may be asked for information that identifies you, such as your name, address and a telephone number, along with additional information we need to help us promptly answer your question or respond to your comment. We may retain this information to assist you in the future and to improve our customer service and service offerings.
SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We do not sell, rent or disclose your personal information to third parties without your consent, except as described below or as required or permitted by applicable law.
- Service Providers: Your personal information may be transferred (or otherwise made available) to third parties that provide services on our behalf. We use service providers to provide services such as hosting the Website, providing advertising services, and sending our marketing communications. Our service providers are only provided with the information they need to perform their designated functions and are not authorized to use or disclose personal information for their own marketing or other purposes. Our service providers may be located in the U.S., Canada or other foreign jurisdictions.
- Legal and Compliance: We and our Canadian, U.S. and other foreign service providers may disclose your personal information in response to a search warrant or other legally valid inquiry or order, or to another organization for the purposes of investigating a breach of an agreement or contravention of law or detecting, suppressing or preventing fraud, or as otherwise may be required or permitted by applicable Canadian, U.S. or other law or legal process, which may include lawful access by U.S. or foreign courts, law enforcement or other government authorities. Your personal information may also be disclosed where necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims and to investigate or prevent actual or suspected loss or harm to persons or property.
- Sale of Business: We may transfer any information we have about you as an asset in connection with a proposed or completed merger, acquisition or sale (including transfers made as part of insolvency or bankruptcy proceedings) involving all or part of Transdev or as part of a corporate reorganization or other change in corporate control.
INFORMATION ABOUT OUR WEBSITE
- Visiting our Website: In general, you can visit our Website without telling us who you are or submitting any personal information. However, we collect the IP (Internet protocol) addresses of all visitors to our Website and other related information such as page requests, browser type, operating system and average time spent on our Website. We use this information to help us understand our Website activity and to monitor and improve our Website.
- Cookies: Our Website uses a technology called “cookies”. A cookie is a tiny element of data that our Website sends to a user’s browser, which may then be stored on the user’s hard drive so that we can recognize the user’s computer or device when they return. Cookies may provide us and our service providers with information that we will use to personalize our Website in accordance with a user’s preferences. You may set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie or to not accept certain cookies. However, if you decide not to accept cookies from our Website, you may not be able to take advantage of all of the Website features.
- Analytics: We may use a third party such as Google Analytics to help us gather and analyze information about the areas visited on the Website (such as the pages most read, time spent, search terms and other engagement data) in order to evaluate and improve the user experience and the Website. For more information or to opt-out using the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on, see “How Google uses data when you use our partners’ sites or apps” and “Google Analytics and Privacy”.
The cookies that are used by Transdev do not collecte your personal dataYour IP address is made anonymous and unrecognizable. This happens as soon as our data collection network receives them, before their ever being stored or analyzed.
We use two kinds of cookies:
Essential cookies, which are necessary to assure that Transdev.com functions quickly and securely.
Disabling them can prevent our website from operating properly.
For example, these cookies allow us:
- To recognize and memorize the display settings of your navigator in order to format the site presentation to your needs each time you visit (adapting language and content to your global position for example)
- To remember data you have input in entry blanks so as to speed up your future visits to our site
- To enhance the security of our site (by identifying potential hacking attemps).
Customization cookies, which help make our website more ergonomic to use
With these types of cookies, we collect anonymous data, such as the number of visitors to our website, the most-visited pages of our site, the average length of visits, and the typical number of pages visits, which helps us better understand the needs and expectations of you our visitors. We can thereby better adapt our site to you, giving you a more satisfying and useful experience.
SAFEGUARDS AND RETENTION
We have implemented reasonable administrative, technical and physical measures in an effort to safeguard the personal information in our custody and control against theft, loss and unauthorized access, use, modification and disclosure. We restrict access to personal information on a need-to-know basis to employees and authorized service providers who require access to fulfill their job requirements.
We have record retention processes designed to retain personal information for no longer than necessary for the purposes set out herein or as otherwise required to meet legal or business requirements.
As indicated above, if you have signed-up to receive our email communications, you can unsubscribe any time by clicking the “unsubscribe” link included at the bottom of the newsletter. Alternatively, you can opt-out of receiving our marketing communications by contacting us at the contact information under “Contact Us” below.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
Subject to limited exceptions under applicable law, you have the right to access, update and correct inaccuracies in your personal information in our custody and control. You may request access, updating and corrections of inaccuracies in your personal information in our custody or control by emailing or writing to us at the contact information set out below. We may request certain personal information for the purpose of verifying the identity of the individual seeking access to his or her personal information records.